Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sailor Buloma WIP 3

 I was having a hard time with this painting so I decided to start over. First I changed the color schemes to be gradients instead of "bubbles" so I could easily pick colors in between each other for a more smooth transition between them.
 Next I thinned up the lines dramatically, to the smallest size available. Now when I use the magic wand tool to select areas to color there won't be a large line missing.
Then on separate layers I filled in the skin, greens and whites. Earlier I had said that speed painting (all on one layer) is nice but after fiddling with it for a while I've come to accept that separate locked layers are much better for me.

Lastly I added a gradient layer on top to create the illusion of light near her head and shadows near her feet .

No comments:

Post a Comment